A Dish Best Served With Lashings of Bureaucracy


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Mumbai
June 10th 2016
Published: June 10th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Leaving Nepal we encountered some of the bureaucracy that this area of middle Asia is known for. The number of stamps needed post X-ray, the number of searches, the number of people to check the stamps and so on. None of us have ever had a bag search at the steps leading onto the plane!
We're at Mumbai airport and Cas is off getting food for Tom and Hat, Bob and Ed are deep into a game of chess.
Earlier today we walked into Indra Chowk and found five toiletry shops, one of which had a good bristle shaving brush. Ed and Hat also picked up their self designed T shirts.
I rounded up at couple of taxis and we were off to the airport, we had the windows down as it was hot and the taxi's were old and you could feel that the smog was quite thick in your chest.
The monsoons arrive around the middle of June and the first burst came as we were just 5 minutes from the station, it was great that it hadn't impeded any part of our tour of Nepal.
We all have long waits for our onwards flights from Mumbai, our's is 4 hours, but Bob and Tom's is a whopping 8 hours. However, given the way our third connection works, we'll all get home around the same time. It's going to be around 24 hours of travelling, so there may be some raised voices and tears.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0381s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb