day 23


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Mumbai
December 30th 2007
Published: July 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Sad day...
After our breakfast this morning and reading the papers we packed ready to check out. We had asked if we could keep the room but they wanted to charge us an extra 40 quid or something - I was going to mention that we hadnt arrived at the check in time but 5 hours later but figured Id still be here now trying to explain it. Never mind they are keeping the luggage for us and a shower room is available. DK being DK we could not check out until the last minute -He is so like Ross of Friends...
When we were reading the papers this morning found another cinema so we got the details and thought that distance depending we would go this afternoon. Trying to follow the instructions we had we thought that we were no where near the oics so turned round and ended up by Leopolds but we will never be able to tell you how we ended up there - as we were in the vacinity i said to DK lets go and ask WATCHMAN where the cinema is - as DK literally walked into him! After much handshaking and general chit- chat WATCHMAN pointed us in the right direction... the way we had originally gone. Hee.
Got back to the cinema, got the tickets and as we had a couple of hours to spare we decided to check out this area. It looked to me like it was a load of college rooms or maybe nurses accomodation guessing by the signs on the buildings and the fact that we were near a hospital 😊 ha ha. Once we had explored a little we walked back down to FLORA FOUNTAIN and decided to go to GAYLORDS for a snack... and this is where we are now having snacks and coffee.

Went to the pics - the poshest pics ever! Once again we had to stand for the NATIONAL ANTHEM and there was an intermission also - WHOOP! We love this...
Film was crap though - Will Smith - I am legend... Scared the crap out of me - could it really happen ??????

Had a nice walk back topwards the hotel and got ice-cream on the way. We sat in the hotel lobby of a bit and as we still had a couple of hours to kill we walked to Coloba to the SPORTS BAR to watch the football. Luckily for me there were plenty of pins for my eyes... Music was very good though.
Must mention this - on the way to the bar we walked down a street and there were a couple of rows of boys all sat straight backed on the pavement, as we got closer we noticed that they were all watching the cricket on an old black and white portable tv - priceless...
The taxi took us to the airport luckily in one piece, I was having flashbacks to tJaisalmer and I really thought we could die, he was a loon.
We didnt seem to be hanging round to long and the flight was ok - just went to sleep - Im finishing this off now sat in MACs in
Frankfurt airport waiting for our connection. We have had a great experience and Im sad that this holiday is over.With hindsite I wish we hadnt spent so long in Goa but we did and made the most of our experience. There are too many highlights to mention, its such a wonderful country. Its dirty, smelly, noisy, overcrowded,heart-breaking place and equally exciting, breath taking, amazing, and just fantastic place...
I can wait to see where we end up next time 😊
If you have any questions and you think we can help then do not hesitate.
Thank you for taking the time out to read our blog we hope that you enjoyed reading about our trip.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.042s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb