We're here


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Mumbai
January 6th 2008
Published: January 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone,
My first few days in bombay, its very different its really hard to explain, its busy and hectic and aside from this i still quite like it. The one thing that makes it really difficult is that i'm white i feel like its very difficult for me to see any other side of the city other than the touristy side which was not really what i wanted. you've got to be on the ball. ALL THE TIME! you cant just roam around without being noticed. our hotel is lovely though, its very reto and so clean i was not expecting it, we're making sure we dont get too used to it!
The taxi driver got lost on the way to the hotel from the airport which was fantastic for me, i got to see so much of the city athough i was exhausted my eyes were wide open taking in the smells and life. I remebered a part of a book i read (thanks laura!) shantaram in which they talk about the slums. my first reaction to the slums was heartbreaking they go on for miles and they look so uninspiering but in the book they say if you look inside they're not sad so i made a point of looking at everyones faces and sure enough they are smiling playing and laughing. This of course doesnt change my view on how bad the quality of lifwe is buit its reassuring. In an article i read on the plane it said 'they dont have the luxury of depression' I'm beginging to see how this is very true! So i'm ready to leave although i've really only just got here, we're off to panjim which is the area goa is in to a village called Arambol for a litlle holiday before we really go for it! Athough finding how to get on the trains is prooving difficult! buti'll keep you all posted missing my gals! big kiss N oh and Laura i've litterally just got out of Leopolds, tought you'd like to know that!!
xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb