Trip to Kenya


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Maharashtra » Mumbai
November 6th 2017
Published: November 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Trip to kenya



chapter 1- Leaving Mumbai



Oh! Sorry it is not London it is Kenya, ok let’s start the story. We woke up at 8:30, I was excited for our trip our flight was at 4:40 pm, date was 21/10/17 my cousin sister came to my house we ate lunch and left for the airport. We boarded our plane Kenya Airways. I watched the movie “Diary of a wimpy kid - long haul” and “Man of steel”, our flight duration was six hours. Then we landed at Kenya and met Kevin and Peter uncle. They taught us some Swaheli language example- jambo-hi, asante-thank you, karibu- welcome and hakuna matata-no problem. Then we reached our hotel Sheraton in Nairobi.







Chapter 2- in Nairobi.



In Nairobi we ate our breakfast and left for Sweetwaters where we find chimpanzees and rhinos. On our way we bought cold drinks and lockets, oh forgot it, my name is Mrinank Bhattacharjee. We reached Sweetwaters, in Sweetwaters



Chapter 3- In sweetwaters



we saw some baboons. Our hotel name was Sweetwaters Serena tented camp. The experience was something else; there, the door was a zip and to cover toilet and bathing place there were curtains, we ate the delicious lunch made there and got ready for the safari. In evening we left for our safari and sat in our open terrace van. First we saw bison and then zebras and giraffes. Then we went to the chimps zoo.







Chapter 4- chimp’s zoo



In chimp’s zoo we met an uncle who was our guide he said that chimpanzees and gorillas are our ancestors because they are apes, everybody asked what’s the difference between monkeys and apes then I said that apes don’t have tails and monkeys have, then everybody clapped for me, after that we went to see chimpanzees we saw a 37 years old chimp called Poco and then we saw another 14 years old chimp called Julia when my aunt was taking a picture of her she threw a stick at her, then we saw a 34 year old chimp called Socrate who was very cute. Then we left that place. After that we saw a majestic lion, sleeping lioness and a single tusker at the same spot, after that we were headed to see the rhinos. We reached to see the rhinos, our guide James uncle took us to see the blind rhino Baraka. We fed that rhino grass and left that place and went to see the equator there it was freezing cold, we returned to our hotel ate dinner and slept.







Chapter 5- in Naivasha



We left our hotel very soon because we had to leave for Naivasha so we left, on the way we saw giraffe and zebras. We saw a crashed chopper and police’s helicopter too, the police were looking for the bodies of the dead people who died in the crash and fell in the lake Nakuru. We saw a slow tortoise there. In lake Nakuru there were pelicansand flamingos. Then we reached our hotel Naivasha country club, jumped on the trampoline and settled down. In evening we went to a boat safari too see ferocious hippos. We saw many of them one was yawning and the mouth was so big and teeth were very sharp. Then it became chilly. We saw a python and then returned to our hotel.







Chapter 6- in Masai Mara



We left this hotel and were going to Masai Mara, it is named after Masai tribe and Mara river. We saw wilder beasts, ostrich, gazelles and antelopes on our way, we even saw sheep and leopard and played ‘Antakshri’. We reached our hotel Keekorok lodge. In the evening we went to safari and saw a lion and a lioness, a football field was within 500m and people were playing.



We saw wilder beasts and gazelles. After that we saw zebras and antelopes, then we saw cheetahs and lion twins who I called Scar and Mufasa. Then the safari ended. In dinner we saw masai tribe’s dance and then slept.



Next day we went for a full day safari and saw wilder beasts and zebras. We saw a pride of lions and cubs fighting, then we left that place and saw many giraffes. After that we saw bisons. A safari van got stuck in the slush, we got out of our van and helped them cross over. We saw cheetahs again and went to the border of Kenya and Tanzania, then we ate lunch on grass sitting on a mat, with elephants about 100m away from us. We also saw hyenas. Then we checked all the trees to see a leopard and found one sleeping. We returned and were troubled by the hippo grunts. We again saw masai tribe dance and slept.



Next day we went on early morning safari and saw lion eating its kill and saw lion protecting the kill from hyenas, storks and vultures. We went to Masai village. There, many people had many wives and every man had killed a lion, they lit fire without matchstick and their chief was 100 years old. In breakfast they drank fresh milk from cow and fresh blood from cow vein. Then we went to our hotel, ate dinner, packed our bag and slept.







Chapter 7- leaving Kenya



We left our hotel and headed off for Mumbai. We ate dinner at an Indian restaurant(Angithi) and left to pick dad and uncle who were eating at carnivore restaurant. We bought some souvenirs and went to the airport, boarded our flight and slept. We reached Mumbai, my aunt, uncle and cousin left for Bangalore and we left in a taxi for our home.











Bye see you in my next book.







Next book



Book of a brave kid

Advertisement



7th November 2017

Trip to Kenya
Delighted to read your blog.Narration is Very informative.Hope you enjoyed the Safari.
9th November 2017

Superb !
I love the start " it's not London ".... beautiful flow and crisp writing Mrinank! Loved the way you summarised your trip. Keep writing !
9th November 2017

Great Trip
Hi Mrinak great briefing of the trip. Seems great place to visit. Even I was not aware of difference between monkeys and apes...☺
10th November 2017

Well articulation and candid
Mrinank, ur writing is so candid that I could visualise everything that you wrote. I actually travelled Kenya through your writing without visa :)..Keep writing more such blogs...Will eagerly wait for your next write up.
5th December 2017

Thanks
Thanks for the encouraging words

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0658s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb