Donation information


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Madhya Pradesh
April 9th 2008
Published: April 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Dear family and friends,

We recently asked you if you would consider making a donation to the village projects in Pal, India which Annette visited in February 2008.

The full story and context for this is provided in the India entry in this blog. The donations will go to providing emergency provisions such as seeds for crops for villages in Madhya Pradesh, where I visited and spoke to village people who were in serious need of help.

For some reason this area is off the radar and receives no assistance from the State Government (in some parts of India the State Government assists with things like providing vitamin tablets to pregnant women who aren't receiving adequate nutrition) but this area receives no aid from within India and very little from without (they receive some wheat for food, but I'm not sure how often) and they really need alternative crops to provide for them food year round. I would be happy to talk to you about this in more detail if you would like to call or email me.

Donations will be sent to the Satpuda institute based on Gandhian philosophies which is based in the Pal village nearby to Madhya Pradesh and who have knowledge and experience in appropriate and sustainable assistance and who also asked me to help with seed purchase. I imagine they will purchase the seeds locally in India.

Thankfully we are able to arrange tax deductible donations to be sent to India via CERES, the community environment park in East Brunswick where I have worked for 13 years. It is all kosher and good as we have longstanding connections with the Satpuda institute in Pal. Here's the details:

CHEQUES
Made out to The CERES Environmental Fund
with a note that it is for the Pal Seeds Project.
You will then receive a receipt as the donation is tax deductible.


DIRECT BANKING - INTERNET BANKING
Account name: The CERES Environmental Fund
BSB: 063497
Account Number: 10004729
In the transfer there should be an opportunity to note that it is for the Pal Seeds Project.
You will then receive a receipt as the donation is tax deductible.


This is a wonderful gift. Thank you.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0359s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb