Hiking Among the Hill Stations


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Vagamon
November 18th 2016
Published: November 23rd 2016
Edit Blog Post

After relaxing on the houseboat near Aleppey, we traveled to the hill station of Vagamon.

We spent several days here hiking, checking out the tea plantations, learning about the spices grown in the area and harvesting rubber from the rubber trees.

We hiked to get out of the humidity one day and then hiked to a rock pool with a waterfall to manage the humidity. Kyle needed to swim the source of the waterfall and jump into the rock pool, but dad and I were contect to just soak our feet and cool off.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



23rd November 2016

Checking the crops
So glad those Midwesterners are there to check the tea crop! They look all knowledgeable and erudite!! Is this like the best trip ever? So much variety and so many unique experiences. I'm feeling some jealousy here! Happy Thanksgiving!
23rd November 2016

Andy's a swimmer, too!
I've (we've) so enjoyed your photos and commentary, the lovely scenes, tranquil phrasing, the way you carry us along as you show us life as you see it on the other side of the globe. And now we learn that Andy Pettitt also swims left-handed! Your reports have been enlightening and such a relief from the gloom that is post-election Kansas. (At least we saved our Supreme Court.) Hope there is more from you to come. It's all been such a treat, and thanks so very much for it all. Love, John, Rebecca and Themis.

Tot: 0.253s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 19; qc: 131; dbt: 0.1556s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb