India is tiring


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Trivandrum
February 2nd 2010
Published: February 7th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Caught a rickshaw to the zoo ths morning which was a scary experience! I was clinging on for dear life, fun though! The zoo was cool, srt in a nice park area. We saw lots of big cats, hippos, huge monster rhino, deers, a creepy looking hyena, funky porcupines and lots of monkeys and snakes. Entrance fee was only 25rs- bargain. At one point we were the main attraction- a little crowd gathered near us, a couple of them taking photos.

Walking back was quite a little jaunt especially as we got lost. It's really hot here and there are very few proper pavements so you end up a big, sweaty, mucky mess wherever you go. Popped into the Indian Coffee House which is in a spiraling building with seats all the way up. We went to have a look at the bus station which was very grotty and confusing, had no signs and buses looked awful so we decided to go to Varkala by train instead. The train ticket system again confused us. Went to reservation room and were told we didn't have to reserve, asked tourist info guy and he sent us to a different ticket office that told us to come back and buy them tomorrow before we leave. It was exhausting.

After going on net for a bit we went back to the same restaurant we'd been to yesterday and ate yummy noodles which had fruit in. Watched a couple of films this evening and I fell asleep stupidly early.

p.s. So far I've seen 3 rats and 3 men weeing in public urgh.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0284s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb