Last week


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Trivandrum
August 1st 2008
Published: August 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well... what a week, I could probably keep writing about everything for ages but I think Ill cut it short because Im going for my last day in the hospital in a minute.

So had a pretty good week around Ananthupuri (the hospital) seen a lot... yesterday I saw a cesarean, it was the best operation Ive seen, had a tear come to my eyes! Bless!

By working in Ananthupuri I have seen the difference between the rich and the poor. Ananthurprui is a private hospital run by some quite renowned medicals, so the conditions inside the hospital have been incredible, whereas in Cambodia and the general hospitals around India the care has been very basic and unhygenic. Its really hard to explain but if they can afford it they should get it. The rich people always have the option to go to the hospital and get good care if they are unwell, whereas the poor often get so diseased and so ill before they take the option of going to a hospital. By seeing the basics that the poor hospitals can afford it makes you think how important money is. Also the poor people usually become ill, not because of accidents or anything like that but just become ill but it becomes so bad before they choose to do anything about it.

Just a thought for the day, if you undersatnd what Im on about that is!

Well Im going down to the point of India tomorrow for a day trip and then home on Sunday.

Its weird time has gone so fast but It will be nice to get home for a bit.

Advertisement



1st August 2008

hey
hey sounds great, glad to see you are having a good time looking forward to seeing you on monday love callum

Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.03s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.1321s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb