Kovallam


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Kerala » Kovalam
March 19th 2008
Published: March 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We woke up and had breakfast in our favourite restaurant, namely the one that was 10 metres down the road, we then headed to the bus stop to catch the bus to Trivandrum,The capital of Kerala. The first order of the day was to head to the train station and to get our tickets sorted for the journey up the east coast. The train station was depressingly full but we found the trains we wanted and duly waited our turn to buy the tickets. After about an hour of sitting around Mark noticed that one of the counters was empty and on closer inspection it was the credit card counter! With a surcharge of 50p we decided this could be worth it and so went to buy our tickets from the man. After much discussion at the counter about whether it was the right train, the right seats and everything else Dale whips out his card only to find out that he forgot his pin and we cant buy the tickets, AS this was all going on we realised that our actual number from the earlier queue was being called for the second time and so quickly switched counters and bought the tickets with cash. At least the wait seemed shorter with all the activity! After sorting out the tickets we headed into Trivandrum for a look around and to do some shopping. We had a monstrously spicy chicken and parotta lunch and another little walk around.

WE also found the equivalent of a shopping centre and so bought a few essentials before headeng back to Kovalam on an evening bus and having dinner in a local restaurant.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0779s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb