Incredible India! (part 1)


Advertisement
Asia » India » Kerala » Kochi
March 1st 2015
Published: March 1st 2015
Edit Blog Post

From Kuala Lumpur I flew Air Asia to Kochi, located the southern state of Kerala in India. “Incredible India”, as its tourism slogan says, has been very high on the list of countries I wanted to visit and I finally made it! My first impressions were: “Crazy traffic, a different world, very interesting and cheap”!!! India is known to the outside world as a dirty country with low hygiene st... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 48, Displayed: 21


Advertisement




1st March 2015
Kerala Backwaters

Love those backwaters!
I love hearing that there are parts of India that aren't crowded and noisy. And such exotic things--thread out of coconut fiber, lunch on a banana leaf (I love that!), and a sign prohibiting menstruating women from entering a Hindu Temple! You are really in an exotic land! I have to say that I agree with you about traveling alone--I prefer it! I love meeting up with people, but that constant compromising takes a lot of effort. Great that you're off on the next part yourself--you never know who you'll meet!
5th March 2015
Kerala Backwaters

Hi Tara, Thanks for your comment. Hahahah yes, India is exotic and interesting, so different than anywhere else I've been so far. And yes, that compromising is very annoying. Even when it's just two of you it could take a lot of effort, let alone five people ;-)
1st March 2015
Tea plantations near Top Station, outside Munnar

So exotic!
I love hearing that there are parts of India that aren't crowded and noisy. And such exotic things--thread out of coconut fiber, lunch on a banana leaf (I love that!), and a sign prohibiting menstruating women from entering a Hindu Temple! You are really in an exotic land! I have to say that I agree with you about traveling alone--I prefer it! I love meeting up with people, but that constant compromising takes a lot of effort. Great that you're off on the next part yourself--you never know who you'll meet!
2nd March 2015

elephant rides
Please mensen, SLA DE OLIFANTENRITTEN OVER in landen als India, Sri Lanka en Thailand. Deze beesten worden zeer ernstig mishandeld voor het vermaak vd mens. Zoek op 'breaking the spirit' op YT...
3rd March 2015

Interesting!
I enjoyed reading again, especially about the Indian food n spices !, carry on :-)
5th March 2015

hahah thanks Angelique. Yes...the food is SO good and I'm used to it now :)
4th March 2015

Exploring India
You've been away from Curacao for a long time now. India has so much to offer. Keep enjoying the backwater towns. Looking forward to more impressions.
5th March 2015

Thanks Dave & Merry, yes, it has been 20 months now and I do miss it hahah. But I want to see and explore as much as I can before going back. India has indeed a LOT to offer and I won't have enough time to see a lot, unfortunately!
4th March 2015
Woman making threads out of coconut fibre in a village in the Kerala Backwaters

A day of work
I love photos like these.
11th May 2015
Kerala Backwaters

Nice picture
Authentic picture of Kerala life. I really like Kerala & its beautiful nature. I just love the natural beauty of Kerala.
7th July 2019
Thoovanam Waterfalls

Waterfalls inside forest!
I have been to this place before. Really an amazing one. See my photos here https://www.tripuntold.com/kerala/idukki/thoovanam-waterfalls/reviews/4922/

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 12; qc: 20; dbt: 0.0311s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb