A trip from Bangalore to Revena Siddheshwar Beta


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Ramanagaram
March 2nd 2013
Published: March 2nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

How to reach there




Sri Revana Siddeshwara Betta is about 65 km from Bangalore. You have to go straight on Mysore road till Ramanagaram. From Ramanagaram take left turn towards Kanakpura. Siddheswar Beta is 13 km from Ramanagaram situated near Avverahalli along Ramanagara-Kanakapura Road. The road is motorable and good.

Route of Bangalore to Sri Revana Siddeshwara Betta: Bangalore–(take Mysore Road)–12 km–>Kengeri–18 km–>Bidadi–20 km–>Ramanagaram–take left turn towards kanakapura ->13 km–>Sri Revana Siddeshwara Betta


About the place




Rebena Siddheshwar beta is famous for Siddheshwar temple. It is also popular among the trekkers and rock climbers. It is better to visit this place in winter as you may feel very tiring to climb hills in summer. We went there during August 2011.

There are totally 3 temples in the hill complex– at the top is Revanna Siddeshwara temple, midway is Bheemeshwari (named after the pandava Bheema) and Renukamba temple at the base. We first went to Renukamba temple which is at the foot of the hill.



After visiting Renukamba temple one has to go up to the hill. The hill is made of huge granite stones, very attractive to look. If you have a vehicle you can ride up, otherwise you can take the steps.



Behind me (above) is the huge stone hill. The left side road is for vehicles, the right side steps are for pedestrians. While going on this road we saw the temple chariot.



This temple is famous in Karnataka and visited by devotees from all over Karnataka, The hill is more than 3000 feet above the sea level. The main Idol is in the cave temple on the hill. The place has rich history linked with the Gangas, Kempegowda and Tipu Sultan.



This is the Siddheswhar temple on the top of the hill. The outside views from this hill are very attractive. It is worth visiting the place.

Other nearby places




Ramgad or Ramadevara Beta is also near Ramanagara. If you start early you can plan to combine visiting Siddheshwar beta with Ramadevara beta.

Ramanagara is famous for its silk market, one of the biggest silk market in India, known as Silk town.

Kengal hanumantharaaya temple is nearest visiting place in ramanagara City. One may have food in Lokaruchi (Kamat group) and visit Janapada loka just next to Kamat Lokaruchi.

Advertisement



28th February 2014

Bus facility
Hi, I am planning to visit the temple. Need to know more information on bus facility from bangalore. Is there any direct bus to the temple. Thanks in advance.
13th August 2014

bus facility to revena siddheswar beta
Dear vinayak, I am not sure about direct busses from bangalore. You can take mysore bus upto ramanagaram and take another bus from there. However busses dont go upto the hill. If you have a personal vechicle you can take to the hill. Otherwise you can take the steps to climb the hill. In either case keep enough time in hand as there are more and more height to climb. Best of luck.
5th May 2016

Information provided are crisp and useful

Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0294s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb