Kabini (Karnataka)


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Mysore
December 29th 2017
Published: December 28th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Dear friends you might have heard many famous places in and around Karnataka ( south india ). There is a long list of places to relax and rejuvenate yourself. There are variety of attractions, hill station like Coorg ,historical places like Mysrore , Srirangapatna . . but today I am going to tell you about Kabini which is famous for a beautiful flowing river and its lash green surrounding. The good news is, the place is not crowded by tourists yet but I am very sure soon this place will become one of the top picks for the travelers.



The place is actually named kabani , is just 205 km from Bengaluru. So it can be a very nice weekend trip for the nature lovers from Bengaluru or nearby. Being close to nature is always good for your soul health. It relaxes your body , mind and brain. Unfortunately in a city life we miss these essentials for a healthy life.



I would suggest you , to travel this place during or close winter time. On a weekend in December , we started our journey to kabini . We started around 7 am morning and reached around12 pm at our resort in kabini. On the way to your destination you can take a break for your morning meal and energies yourself for next few hours . There are number of good and very much clean food serving restaurants available on the way. You may have some idli , dosa , pongal to give a fresh treat yourself. In south India , most of the people prefer filter coffee , if your body accepts caffine well then you can have one, Other hot drinks are also available like tea , badam milk ,kashaya etc.



After reaching at our resort , The manager gave us a small presentation about the property and of course about do’s and don’t’s.

The area is surrounded with forest and ofcourse the river kabini. Once it is dark you must be careful and should not go outside your resort. Very soon the keys of our cottage was given and settled our luggage at our room. After reaching a new place , my excitement to know about the place , to talk with the locals was always up most. So just after finishing our welcome drink ( wood apple sherbet) we started seeing the surrounding. The particualr property is very much ecofriendly , gardens full with flowers and vegetables. The staffs are 90 percent from nearby village. One of them told me the the place is actually named kabani or kabini and the river name is kapila. But today the river , the forest , the village altogether called kabini.



The particular area is actually attractive because of the river Kapila (actual name) and its lash green surrounding. The river Kapila originates in the Wayanad District of Kerala state by merging with the rivers Panamaram and Mananthavady . The area kabini also contains the south-eastern part of Nagarahole National Park. I suggest , you must do the jungle safari. We heard , the tigers were almost seen . But our bad , we could not see the tiger but our good that we managed to see deer , sambar deer , an elephant , horn bill , eagle etc.

You can go for a separate bird watching session , nature walk , wildlife documentary , tribal dance.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb