hampii


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Hampi
January 20th 2009
Published: January 22nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Our trip to Hampi is the first one of mine out of Hyderabad. it was a weekend trip between 16th- 19th Jan 2009. we took a bus which became an adventure in a few hours. it was a very old bus but the most comfortable one ever bcoz of its wide seats. anyway, around 12 o clock at night when i opened my eyes i suddenly saw our crash to a yellow track. after that we kept going for 2 minutes till whole front glass was smashed to smithereens. i am not sure about the reason we crashed that our crazy driver tried to avoid something from our side of the road and shifted other side which track was coming OR he was sleepy and didnt realize the road in dark night.. the most incredible thing is that when i was asking if another bus will come and take us to hampi, an Indian guy said me that 'ohh its ok. he will drive without glass and get there at the supposed time as if nothing happened. he is experienced!!' i really dont know how many drivers who is experienced of driving a bus without glass for 8 hours you might meet in the world but he was my first one! 😊) although it sounds like a story and never happened, it exactly happened!! we reached hampi only 2 hours late and he drove the bus along the freezing cold and windy night!

after reaching Hospet, we took autos to get hampi. it is an amazing historical mystical place from 14th century. the first temple we visited is Hanuman's temple(Monkey God) we got top of the hill after 545 steps occupied by monkeys. it was the first time that i have seen a monkey from this close distance, how pretty they are, how scary they are and how successful robbers they are. i wouldnt expect to meet a naughty monkey interested in stealing and drinking a bottle of Pepsi instead of eating bananas. a monkey is a cuddly animal as long as u dont disturb him while eating or give him what he wants otherwise he knows how to steal it !😊

at the other temple we meet a group who were sitting in front of the temple and singing. they invited us to join them and started to dance. they were so friendly people.
after visiting all temples on the other side of the river, irrespective of tiredness we, girls, found ourselves in the shopping area and enjoyed buying casual, colorful Indian clothes of course with bargain.
next day we traveled other side of the river. it is the most beautiful river i have seen so far in terms of beauty and diversity of people and faces...
we had a nice tour guide. we saw many other beautiful temples and listened the stories of it. if you will have a tour guide u will certainly hear a specific explanation starting with Muslim people... came and destroyed idols and sculptures. they left only Muslim style architectural buildings...
the amazing thing is that most of us probably heard this story but didt pay attention at all but now we could feel the history.!

in one of the biggest temples, people used stone carving art as a symbol of power and they created interesting figures, 5 different animals in one... etc.

to sum up at the end of the trip i was very happy with everything i have seen, experienced and every photo taken there. 😊




Additional photos below
Photos: 41, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb