tourists in Mamalampur


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Bangalore
January 5th 2008
Published: January 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We have a great, fearless driver so we decided to be tourists for the day and although many people had told us that there was nothing to do in this part of India we were amazed at the things Jaykumar (the driver) showed us today. Once you get out of the city the traffic is faster but no less insane. We followed a purple bus that was passing morocycles and rickshaws like crazy, of corse you also have to watch for the herd of goats that decides to cross the road!
We started at a crocodile ranch where there are low rock fences with crocodiles on the other side and big signs that tell you not to put your hands inside and that crocodile can jump. We went inside an exhibit to watch them milk snake venom and carry cobras on a stick (Amy stayed out of there) The rock python was listed as eating unlucky humans!
We drove along the Bay of Bengal and through the small beach towns. A beach town certainly has a universal look to it. Lots of little shops selling jewelry and souvenirs, relaxed attitude and people. Only around here there are also cows - no problem for us. Another exception was that we came upon 2000 year old rock carvings and shrines and spent the rest of the day climbing and walking around the giant rock buildings and carvings that are all along the beach here.
Every restaurant in India seems to have 10 hovering waiters trying to serve you the food on your plate. The ones in this hotel are quite bumbley since we eat in the coffee shop instead of the fancy restaurant. We have the hardest time not laughing in front of them Tonight at dinner while one was trying to take our order another was trying to give us our drinks and a man came in to do magic tricks for our table, followed by a midget in a tuxedo who offered Amy a flower but gave her only a stem. Of corse our orders were a bit messed up but that is the usual around here.
I'm going to have to put the photos on this blog after we get home, I think I've got about 300 to sort through and hopefully some great ones to paint from. Jenny


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb