Nandi Hills-The View From Above


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Karnataka » Bangalore
August 16th 2018
Published: August 15th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Well !!! Weekend was approaching and it was Friday. So i decided to take rest from regular work and go some places which is not so far from Bangalore city. "Nandi Hills" the first thought came to every Bangalorian mind if they planning some random trip, so i called two of my friends decided to visit Nandi Hills, although i visited there in summer but this the first time i planned to go in monsoon.

we get up and got ready early morning, the best thing in Bangalore is, it has many agencies renting all kind of cars/bikes on hourly and daily basis. Although we decided to go by ola outstation cab, we started journey at 4:30AM from Mahadevapura Bangalore. At early morning, you can reach your destination pretty fast with minimalist traffic. it takes 1.5 hrs to 2 hrs depending on the traffic to reach Nandi Hills, Once we turned in to the Nandi Hills road from the National Highway, the experience was really awsome. On the way to the hill top, we stopped and had tea, you will feel amazing having the cup of tea on cloudy day with fresh air and beautiful morning.

once driving remains
3 kms to reach Nandi Hills, you should focus on scenic road, the way is not the fastest way but it has beautiful scenery. To enter top most part of nandi hills last gate opens at 6AM. We entered and directly went to view point.

Sunrise View Point:

you get the best view of sunrise from this point. It was rainy season so cloud condensation brings water with it, it feels like we were on top of cloud. Weather was too cold, temperature was near about 15*C. Although we haven't get view of sun, it was hidden somewhere in cloud.

After capturing nice view, we went to have breakfast. You will find restaurants with nice taste, we had poori subji, vada and of course maggie!!! yeah what else you need in your life if you get maggie and tea on top of hill where you surrounded with cloud.

The Garden:

we went through garden, you will feel like you are in lap of nature, leaf of trees consist of small drop of water, you will heard sound of birds around and above, you should be careful as lots of monkey' wondering around you. we spend
around 2 hour in garden and had selfie with nature 😉 even we doesn't want to leave that calm and quite place that contains its own beauty then we moved towards other places to cover.

We felt hungry again and we took fresh fruit from fruit shop as mango with salt contains its own taste. Then we moved towards Tipu sultan drop point.

Tipu's Drop Point:

This place contains its own history, It is the famous place from where Tippu Sultan had condemned prisoners thrown to death. You will get view of hill base from this point.

Then we rome around Children's playground, the lovely garden consist of slides to play for children's.

It was around 8 AM in morning, we went to the area where you can close your eye and feel relax. we sat on rock and played soft music. I am sure you will fall asleep if you are not under the boundation of time, you will find lots of monkey here, you should be careful even they don't harm anyone.

There are temples dedicated to Bhoga Narasimha, Sri Ugra Narasimha and Sri Yoga Narasimha, these are very old temple and
ancient temples.



After spending few hours at Nandi Hills we returned back to Bangalore . overall, It is a beautiful place to visit. The sunset and sunrise are worth watching.The serenity of this place cannot be described in words.

This quote sums up my thought nicely –

The journey not the arrival matters


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement





Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb