leaving snowboarding....down to the lake


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Jammu & Kashmir » Srinagar
March 20th 2009
Published: March 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

dal lakedal lakedal lake

simply lovely
So people, sorry for the delay in keeping you all up to date, but things have been pretty busy out here.


we left kashmir no problem, just after spending a night on a beautiful houseboat with some friends we met in gulmarg, on Dal lake in srinagar. it is an amazing place, with mountains reflected in a mirror lake,suprisingly clean by indian standards.
had a great experience flying out of Srinagar airport- going through the indian 'system', again. this airport is 'very high security' due to the kashmir/pakistan issues. this meant that we had luggage scanned and us patted down before we even entered the airport grounds, this happened approximately 4 more times before we got on the plane, however they never asked us to empty our pockets,or to go back through metal detectors to stop them beeping.....that, after all would make too much sense. our hand lugggage was searched on 3 separate occasions, each time having a little sticker stamped, then we were taken on to the tarmac, and searched again. we thought it would be time to get on the plane, but instead we had to go to a large pile of luggage on the runway, and identify our pieces of luggage to get them put on the plane......this system CLEARLY is extremely important for protecting air passengers and preventing terrorist attacks.clearly.


i've split this blog into sections so i can add relevant photos to each....
a few more photos here
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=81555&id=587436874&l=d2ce54b5de


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0412s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb