Arrival in India


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Jammu & Kashmir » Ladakh » Leh
July 11th 2008
Published: July 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Julley, Julley, Julley!!! (Greeting in Ladakhi)
Out of the window rises the majestic ladaki range and prayer flags flutter on the street below vieling the old palace on the hill. What a journey to arrive in Leh! Delhi wasn't quite so appealing. We procured a prepaid taxi to the ymca in connaught place which ensure that you get to your safe destination yet it however does not ensure a safe ride!! Lanes? Trafic lights? People? Who cares! Just honk and excellerate. Weaving through large trucks and many motor-rickshaws we made it alive to the YMCA. Afer a grueling day in Delhi, and many more crazy rickshaw rides later we ended up with what we most desired and what we most trying to avoid--a plane ticket to leh the next day and getting a bit ripped off. Oh well, in the end it was such a blessing to get out delhi and into the amazing high altitude town of leh (11,500 ft). Jason and I are staying at a lovely hostel with an organic garden out of which we are fed vegetable momos and fresh mint tea by the sweetest ladakhi family. We still have a few more days of adjusting before we can exlore the high mountains and lakes but tomorrow we are of to a festival at the Hemis monastary!!


Advertisement



11th July 2008

learning the new dances of new lands..
So, you slithered through to your place of desire..'tis the wriggle out of the cocoon of what you know..to what you have never lived -the dance steps of this new land.. ..and the dance goes to me, too, always imagining with you..like the prayer flag reality..so funny to say that I'm re-placing a photo/collage of my footstool..started with an amazing picture llena de prayer flags..and mountains..and a monk busy focusing on working..xoxo
11th July 2008

Yeah!!!!
I am so happy to hear that you two made it and are safe! I am glad you are staying with a nice family, and have vegi's and tea within your reach. Have fun exploring the mountains and lakes of Leh! Love you both lots!
15th July 2008

besos!
Hello dear friends! so sweet to hear of your adventures thus far. Much love to you and joyous gallivanting!

Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0337s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb