Ladakh, Yak, Ack!!


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Jammu & Kashmir » Ladakh » Leh
June 7th 2007
Published: June 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

LadakhLadakhLadakh

The city we recovered in for a few days.
Samir's article. After breaking records such as most nights spent in hotels (358) and most restaurants eaten at (a whopping 1,709), the Bhimjis set out to break two new records. Largest amounts of pit stops and near-death-experiences in two days! Yay! So we left Srinagar 3 or 4 days ago in a rented car on a crazy road to Kargill, where everyone wants to run you over or bad-hotel-poison you. The next day we drove on another road, which was nutso instead of crazy this time. I guess the landscape was nice, but your head is usually too busy in the plastic bag to notice. We did manage to see the most moon like area on this planet, and magnetic hill, where cars can't go fast due to sinister gravitational forces. (Actually, it was fast, but not for India). Today we just walked around Ladakh to palaces and markets and such. By the way, for a place high up in the mountains, Ladakh sure isn't what I expected. The whole place is dusty and is surrounded by dry, brown hills. More later when we back track to Kargill and Srinagar.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Yak (Close Enough)Yak (Close Enough)
Yak (Close Enough)

Ordinary cow peeks over her rooftop pen.
Ack!Ack!
Ack!

[i]That[/i] my friends, is the road.
Lunar LandscapeLunar Landscape
Lunar Landscape

However, you'll have to be the judge, I've never even worn a spacesuit or shouted, "Houston, we have a problem!"


Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0588s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb