Do you like Ricky Martin?


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh » Shimla
September 8th 2008
Published: September 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello!

We only have 15mins to write this quick blog but will probably come back tomorrow and finish it off because the last couple of days have been mental! Anyway, we're finally out of the heat of Delhi and we are now in the gorgeous Himalayan town of Shimla. It is amazing. The views are stunning and the temperature is cool, in fact, very cold at night. We even have hot showers here! The Hotel Dalziel is very nice. We have a great room with awesome views but the 'food' they sell is dire. The 'toast with butter and jam' consisted of mouldy bread jam sandwiches. The 'vegetable noodles' were so hot I nearly had shock!

Anyways, you may be wondering about the title of this blog. We were waiting for our train and Old Delhi station. After being shouted at by a man in an orange turban (where everybody was staring at us) in Hindi we began talking to another man who seemed nicer. He asked intriuging and philosophical questions such as the subject title and "George Bush?". The Delhi-Kalka train was nice but we hardly slept and got into Kalka at 4:45am. The retiring rooms at Kalka station were fully booked so we had to wait on the station until our Kalka-Shimla train at noon! The Kalka station has more stories than can be wrote in such a short time so I'll fill you all in later! Anyways, the train ride was spectacular but we were aleep for well over half of it due to lack of sleep for over 25 hours!

Right I'll write more next time hopefully. We don't have any mobile signal here so don't worry Mum and Christine if you've been trying to text us!! Oh and add some comments to our blogs so we know you're actually interested! Lots of love,

Tink and Laura xxxxxxxxx

Advertisement



9th September 2008

hey tink and laura! sounds like you two are having so much fun! next you're visiting america, right? :) -aubri

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb