Shimla, AKA Dayel's mountain, Monkey-land, Ladybird Graveyard and Giant Bloody Hill


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh » Shimla
April 17th 2008
Published: April 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Okay, so I'm not /actually/ in Shimla anymore...but still :3

Lots of fun in Shimla - too many in-jokes to count now (XD beautiful butterfly?) and we did a lot of walking up hills and in markets (Shimla seems so much more real India than Mcleod...I guess it helps that it's more than four streets long and actually full of Indians rather than Tibetans). We visited Dayel's monastery, spents lots of time in cafes, bought things, and spent a very long time chatting. It was so good seeing ALL the Manali girls and Dayel.

Elyse's birthday also happened -- she slept through her birthday picnic (which was held in a restaurant XD) but we were literally entertained by one of her presents for an hour -- Oogly Bitch the Incense Holder, given by Dayel.

I did have things to write, but I tend to get here and forget XP.

What else, what else? Tried to meet up with Priyanka, the daughter of the family next door, but failed. Jo was laughed at by monks for her spectacular shrieking fall.

Ooooh.
We went ROLLER-DISCOing XDDD. That was fuuuun. They quite literally tied skates to the bottom of our shoes with rope, then let us loose on a bumpy tiled floor. With disco music playing. We were mostly hopeless at it, but no one fell over -- there was lots of running into each other, guiding each other, and at one point we had a roller-skating-conga-line going. Slowly XD.

I loveloveloved being around everyone.

Daisy and Elyse were almost attacked by a monkey at one point - they shrieked, clung and ran, and a guy shouted at the monkey and rescued them XD. Dayel got an Indian shave from an old guy with glasses, which was a little worrying, and temporarily became known as d'Artagnan because the guy didn't quite understand the idea of a goatee. XD.

So yes, gooooooooooooood last few days.


Advertisement



17th April 2008

WHEE XD
ROLLER DISCO!?!?!?! :O :O :O XD Anyway, sounds like you've been having fun! Keep it up! :P LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE etc :P <333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 XD

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0529s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb