Our India Expedition Update


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh » Manali
June 29th 2008
Published: June 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This is a quick email to see that everyone can reply. Please excuse any typing errors as some of the keys have been replaced by lego bricks and old teeth.
We arrived safe and sound into Delhi at 11am. Most of the challengers got a good 1-2 hours sleep Had a nice 8 hour wait for our connecting bus to Manali.
We left our ruck sacks in the bus depot and we had various groups waiting with the bags at various times.
The heat hits you the second you walk off of the plane and its humid so the sweat continues relentlessly. The second thing that you notice is the smell.
In places it is mouth watering with the scents of spice markets and cooking. The next its sewers in poor sanitary areas..We left for Manali at 7 last night and drove all night on the Indian roads. It's not as dangerous as the TV has portrayed. After half an hour we realised that indicators were only used by police and that the horn was better to say' oi mate, i am getting in that space as i have a 51% chance of getting there first. The other drivers realise that 49% is poor odds and then no collision happens. Organised chaos that is safe! who would have thought it but it was?
Anyway we arrived here this morning after a 15 hour coach trip. Chalk up another 3 hour average. and we arrived in Manali. Straight to the hotel and dropped our kit off and then scooted off for some lunch. Now it is 5 o'clock and we have to go off to our meeting place for a brief for tomorrow.
Will speak to you all soon
India 2008 Team

Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0497s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb