HOW I CHEATED DEATH IN SHINKUN-LA


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh » Kullu
January 16th 2016
Published: January 18th 2016
Edit Blog Post

It was very toturous night which I spent with my two trekker friends in Chhumik Nakpo advance base camp to mighty Shinkunla Pass(5093meter).We three were passing the night in our two man Swiss tent.We had pitched our tent on 2 feet beaten snow bed.A small 2 man tent was transforming into small pond due to transpiration action.Heavy snowfall was ocurring outside the tent and outer roof of tent was covered with thick snow.Inside the tent we were releasing hot breathe which was forming drops of water on striking to cold ceiling of tent.We had to sit on toes.Sleeping bags and our dress were badly drenched with drops of water.We spent the night on eyes and in the morning it was still heavily snowing.
On 16th June,2009,when we started our trekking expedition to Zanskar from Palmo base camp which is beautiful camping place on lush green grassy ground.It was very cool and thick cloudy day.Our trekking expedition was well organised and planned.We had hired local boy as cook,guide and horse owner.Our 5 days trekking materials were packed on bags and laden on two horses.I as local trekker was not taking the inclement weather seriously,because it was month of June...Let me to add some photos and then I will take you enthusistic readers to very thrilling,interesting and Inspiring trekking story.Please take a halt here for photos...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.157s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0965s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb