India


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh » Chamba Valley
October 22nd 2011
Published: October 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

I'm not really at this location, but I have no idea what the province is that I am in and a location is required to publish. Actually in Varanasi at the moment. It has been ten days since my last blog - there has either been no internet, internet not working or we simply haven't had five minutes to spare. Our Tour Leader, Uttam, is Intrepids number one leader in India and he has activities planned for us 24/7.
Today is my first day with Delhi Belly. Strangely, the group has been inflicted with colds rather than diarrehia. It is the last day of the first tour today. We are flying back to Dehli in an hour. We then have two days in Dehli before the next trip starts.
We have done so much in the last week - heaps of forts and temples, the Taj Mahal and Ghats at Varanasi.
There is so much poverty and everything is dusty and dirty. Rubbish and animals everywhere. Dogs, pigs and cows just wander about. Saw some really skinny horses - they don't believe in putting things down as it is the karma from the previous life if you are suffering.
Leaving Delhi railway station was interesting. The train left fairly early and for ages all that you saw were slum houses and people doing their morning poo's beside the railway line. Men just wee in the streets where ever they like as well.
Alot of people haven't been to school and pick up their English just by talking to tourists. Some people even speak a few languages.
Love to put some photos on but I am scared that it will sieze up the computer as they are super slow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb