Relaxing in Orchard Hut: www.himalayanlap.com


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Himachal Pradesh » Chamba Valley
April 6th 2007
Published: April 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The time in Orchard Hut was amazing relaxing, away from the intense heat and hassle of the cities. On the second day there I chose to do a trek up the mountain to where they have another building which people can use as a base when walking. Three hours up, which was hard because of the heat (it was still hot there!), but I was rewarded with great views of a Himalayan Ridge which begins with 'P'! Also was nice walking past the houses scattered on the mountain side and receiving curious, but not unfriendly, looks, which always turned into smiles when I said 'Namaste'.

When we got back down I rewarded myself with a swim in the pool...well, more like a game of water volley ball (does that have a proper name?) in the cold spring water (all the water there comes from the spring, so is safe to drink).

Spoke to Nitin in the evening who told me about the 'social work' they do, and have set up a small charity, which, when I remember, I will try and get more details of. It's basically very localised and involves them trying to educate the people on
House on the HillHouse on the HillHouse on the Hill

House on the Hill
that mountainside about hygine, amongst other things. Good work.

This was also a great place because we were guaranteed clean water! You just let the kitchen boys know ten minutes in advance and received a lovely bucket full of it.

The next day we had a short walk (about an hour and a half) over to a little hillside temple, which just consisted of some flags. When we returned, more fun in the pool, then a lovely full body massage from Nitin, followed by swinging in the hammacks (and falling out twice. Whoever said I was clumsy?). Then some beer and food. Shame it had to come to an end.

www.himalayanlap.com


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Saal ValleySaal Valley
Saal Valley

Where Orchard Hut was


Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0546s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb