Desert Adventures India Road Trip


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Gujarat
June 20th 2016
Published: June 20th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Desert Adventures India Road Trip


Hello and Greetings from Crazy Feet and Kutch Adventures India

"Those 4 days there was no agenda, no intent of arriving anywhere. The journey was marked by experiences than miles…..As the June heat seers into Kutch, in the westernmost tip of Gujarat, almost everything comes to a standstill, and that's when we decided to foray into this raw land to experience the stark landscape it had to offer.

Imagine crisp mornings where we drove to the little hamlets where the looms make the crackling noise as we interacted with local weavers and women who still embroider only for their daughters dowry over endless cups of tea. The afternoons invariably saw dust storms making patterns in air as we braved the heat clicking an occasional Steve McCurry moment along the deserted highways. One of the evenings , we saw the Great Rann and us, there was nothing in between us, not a soul, we could hear our own voice against the pink hued vast marshland. It couldn't have been more magical then.

The summer nights bring warm soothing breeze and we chose to sleep under the blanket of star lit sky spotting constellations, also it happened to be the holy Ramadan period, The backdrop of Azaan from a remote village, the food offered by community villagers and endless late night discussion on religion, sensitivity of culture with the Muezzin made us realise the life which exists beyond ordirnaire!

Kutch is mesmerizing, for all those who seek a little beyond than an ordinary holiday.Its an experience which lingers like musk for which one wishes to keep coming back. Its about its rawness, its people, the stark landscape, the debates it can throw.

One has to be here to live what we have penned above."

Written by Kavya Saxena (Crazyfeet)

If you want to explore Kutch differently then contact http://www.kutchadventuresindia.com/

Best wishes~

Kuldip Gadhvi


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 62; dbt: 0.1084s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb