Customs and our first morning


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Gujarat » Ahmedabad » Adalaj
February 4th 2012
Published: February 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Ahmedabad Customs was a new experience for us. Suddenly, half of us seemed to get our luggage at once so we got in one of two lines for customs. Very crowded, pushing and shoving, after such a long wait.

Every single piece of luggage, checked and unchecked, including purses, but not our shoes, had to pass through the same scanning machine that our stuff normally has to go through to start our flights, afterwhich one man collected the forms that we had filled in on the plane on which we all declared, I suppose, that we were not bringing in too much liquor or too many cigarettes or illegal drugs, etc., etc.

As we finally passed through the scanning line, we were delighted to find Ilaben and her son waiting for us...at 5 a.m.!!! Wonderful...we went to their house for chai (tea), and then they drove us over to the AWAG house where we are to stay.

Of course, we had forgotten to bring along a bed sheet (which I ALWAYS have carried with me) and towels and TP. Silly me! We laughed and laughed and used the water can, and congratulated ourselves that we hadn't forgotten everything that we learned over the years.

We can live anywhere!

Advertisement



9th February 2012

Love it!
Marie you are a marvel. Keep on writing, it is fascinating! Peggy

Tot: 0.153s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb