Monkey Escape! ( and some random photos)


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Goa
December 8th 2009
Published: January 18th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We had some friends over to John's to play with the monkeys today. All was going well, until Richard (not me, another one) who was having a fag spotted two monkeys on the driveway. Well you'd have thought world war three had just started! At the top of his voice, John yelled "quick, everyone get in the house. Get in the house quick and lock all the doors and windows!" Knowing how vicious an angry monkey can be, everyone rushed into the house, grabbing what belongings they could see. John then ran around like a madman looking for the monkeys and after hearing a yell, we opened the front door to see John rush in with a monkey held upside down by it's tail and blood pouring over the floor. He put the monkey into a bedroom and closed the door. John had managed to grab both monkeys but a dog got involved and the monkeys attacked! John looked like he had almost lost a finger and dropped one of the monkeys but was barely aware of the pain as he then instructs me to not under any circumstances come outside to help him if he gets savaged by the other loose monkey! 
So everyone's adrenalin is pumping and we're all marching about the house looking at what's going on through the windows. Suddenly Debbie notices that the bedroom door is open and there is no monkey inside. Panic ensues as we realise there is a blood crazed monkey lose, locked in with us!!! We the spot Nora the monkey walking toward the front door, holding little Preston, the 8 week old baby that she has become very attached to. Nora is a VERY possessive monkey and if anyone goes near Preston (or John for that matter) she will try to kill them. Rachel had been looking after Preston but luckily she wasn't actually holding him when Nora escaped from the bedroom. So suddenly we realise there are 2 monkeys in the room but only one lead. Little Preston on the lead and Nora. Fortunately John is outside the front door and grabs both monkeys and puts them in their pens.
Leaving only one monkey left to catch, John goes on a daring trapping mission using female monkeys as bait and trap cages. Nothing works. As we settle in, trapped indoors playing scrabble, John finally manages to lure the remaining monkey into a cage using smarties!
What an adrenalin filled afternoon!   


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 11; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb