kakolat water fall


COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader
India's flag
Asia » India » Bihar
January 8th 2010
Published: January 8th 2010
Edit Blog Post

KakolatKakolatKakolat

Kakolat
Kakolat water Fall

Historical and mythological our eminent Kakolat is situated on a very sweetly beautiful hill named Kakolat hill. Although every inch of kakolat is panoramic view as the gift of goddess nature but sweet spring of Kakolat is the supreme bliss. It is a waterfall in Govindpur police station, about 33 kms away from Nawadah. After going 15kms from Nawada on NH-31 (Ranchi/Kolkata/Dhandab) well built road known as Govindpur - Akbarpur road diverts from Fatehpur more.

Kakolat Fall is a popular fall in Bihar. Many people come for picnics from different places of India in the summer season.


The fall is about 150 to 160 feet, from the ground level. Just below the fall there is a deep reservoir natural in character.The scene is panoramic due to all-round green forest area, which is very pleasant to the eyes. A legend is prevalent that in Treta Yuga a king was cursed by a rishi and had to take the shape of a python and lived here. The place was visited by the great Pandavas during their exile and the accursed king got salvation from the damnation. The king after getting rid of the curse proclaimed that one who would bathe in the waterfall will not take the yoni of snake and that is why a large number of people from far and near bathe in the fall. A big fair is held on the occasion of Baisakhi or Chait Shankranti.

How to reach Kakolat

By Air
The airport nearest to Kakolat is at Gaya but it doesn't have regular flights. One can also take a flight to Patna , which is linked to almost all the key cities of India.

By Rail
Nawadah has its own railway station which is linked to Gaya JN. However, the railway station of Gaya is better connected with the major cities. One can reach Patna either by rail or air and can easily get a taxi from there to reach Kakolat.

By Road
Kakolat has a good road network because it is located on NH-31 that connects it with some of the major cities of Bihar and India.




COMING SOON HOUSE ADVERTISING ads_leader_blog_bottom



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb