Hyderabad


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Andhra Pradesh » Hyderabad
June 23rd 2007
Published: June 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hyderabad

 Asia » India » Hydrabad By jelibeli101
June 23rd 2007
jzd
I'm getting kind of lazy about writing the travel blog so I think the next few are going to be a series of pictures...


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement

Entrance to CharminarEntrance to Charminar
Entrance to Charminar

Charminar is at the heart of Hyderabad and has a huge Muslim population. So everything is in English (for tourists), Arabic (for muslims), Hindi (for indians) and Telugu (for locals from Andhra Pradesh). And of course... tickets for indians are 5 Rs and 150 for foreigners.
Second Level in CharminarSecond Level in Charminar
Second Level in Charminar

When you climb up the stairs, you get to a floor that is shaped like a donut.
The ViewThe View
The View

This is one of the old buildings surrounding Charminar. Notice all the street vendors. They are everywhere.
View #2View #2
View #2

This is exactly what I expected India to look like.
Pretty Window (i think)Pretty Window (i think)
Pretty Window (i think)

I cant really say I know what purpose this serves.
FountainFountain
Fountain

There is a fountain in the center of Charminar.
Small AltarSmall Altar
Small Altar

Built in to one of the corners of Charminar.
Bangles!Bangles!
Bangles!

There were bangle vendors literally EVERRRRYWHERE. Including all the little stores and carts, there are dozens if not hundreds of them. You can find absolutely anything colors and design and size.
more banglesmore bangles
more bangles

Full sets are sold. I think it's a bit much when a girls entire fore arm is covered.
Tea AdTea Ad
Tea Ad

A lot of houses in India (even in the tiniest villages) have ads painted on the side walls facing the street or highway.
Entrance to Mosque MasjidEntrance to Mosque Masjid
Entrance to Mosque Masjid

This little man guards the way.
Mosque MasjidMosque Masjid
Mosque Masjid

Vikash checking out the Mosque. It's the oldest mosque in Hyderabad and, fitting 10,000 people, one of the biggest in India.
View of the HospitalView of the Hospital
View of the Hospital

Our driver told us this is a hospital. I still don't know if I believe him, but if it is, it seems pretty freaking spectacular.
Artist at the ParkArtist at the Park
Artist at the Park

I saw a man on the street with drawings laid out so I asked him "kitne hai" (how much? in hindi.... a new phrase I learned from Vikash) and bargain down to 30 Rs from 50. A group of men gathered around to watch. Surprise Surprise. Unfortunately, the drawing looked more like a 8 year old chubby girl than me.
MemorialMemorial
Memorial

We passed by a memorial and went to explore.
Strange Fruit #2Strange Fruit #2
Strange Fruit #2

Somebody please tell me what this is.


Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb