Invisible Traffic


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Andhra Pradesh » Hyderabad
February 24th 2007
Published: February 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

BroomSellers1BroomSellers1BroomSellers1

The sidewalks were all broken, but this one doesn't look too bad. I tried to do some filming, but it was difficult to do this without losing my footing.
After about 4 hours sleep, we had Indian breakfast with Vikki:
Iddly- a puffy rice dumpling,
Vadai- a deep-fried flour, veggi, & spices mixture that looked like a donut,
Egg Dosa- a thin pancake cooked with an egg broken over it.
They all came with
Sambar- a lentil stew used as a dipping sauce, and
Coconut chutney with hot spices.
Vikki helped us with local eating practices, & we did our best to eat with our right hands only.

After this we took a good walk to help us get over jet-lag. I laughed when I saw all these pictures of us in the streets. The traffic was CRAZY, and felt a little dangerous. But in every picture, we managed to snap a quiet-looking scene with only 1 or 2 vehicles. I guarrantee you that these are not typical views. The streets were usually packed with buses, rickshaws, autorickshaws, motorcycles, etc. I think our "invisible traffic" filter on the camera was stuck.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Christina1Christina1
Christina1

Happy to be here!
ScaffoldingScaffolding
Scaffolding

These pieces of wood are hand-tied together! The scaffolding isn't all at right angles, but it appears to work just fine.


25th February 2007

Wow!
Wow! You girls have had quite the experience already. I really appreciate your posting and pictures . . . we can all live vicariously through you! And the flowers looked gorgeous. I'm amazed you've found time to post anything! I'd still be snoozin'. Keep up the good work, stay safe, and have fun. That last one you don't seem to struggle with!

Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.03s; cc: 10; qc: 38; dbt: 0.0956s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb