OLD COUPLES YATRA TO HOLY HILLS (3)


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Andhra Pradesh » Hyderabad » New Santoshnagar
May 4th 2010
Published: May 4th 2010
Edit Blog Post

OLD COUPLES YATRA TO HOLY HILLS (3)

By 1-30 pm we reached Nandyala from eastern side and we decided to have lunch in Nandyala. We proceeded to a vegetarian restaurant, had lunch and then proceeded to Mahanandi which is about 20 km from Nandyal. We proceeded to the Karivenavari Satram, where I stayed in my earlier visit, and took two rooms for our stay. Just before entering Mahanandi, there is a huge Nandi statute which was built recently. Mahanandi is a very beautiful place on the foot of the Nallamalai Hills from where a stream emerges from the Hills passing through the Icon of Mahanandi Temple and then enteres into a Pushkarini and from there irrigates about 20,000 acres. After taking a brief rest and by 5 pm we went to the temple premises.

HUGE NANDI STATUE AT THE ENTRANCE OF THE PLACE. IT WAS BUILT RECENTLY - NOT AN AGE OLD ONE. - A TOURIST ATTRACTION.


We also decided to have a holy bath in the Pushkarini situated in the temple premises. The speciality of this Pushkarini is the flowing water. The stream emerging from Nallamalai Hills enters into the Pushkarini situated in the inner temple prakaram and from there enters into two ponds situated in the outer prakaram of the temple and from there proceeds as a small stream to irrigate about 20000 acres of land. The water emerging from the Hills is so clear that one can see the items in the bottom of the Pushkarini. In no other temple, the water in Pushkarinis would be as fresh and refreshing as in the Pushkarini of this temple. There is a Mandapam in the centre of the Pushkarini and the water comes into it from a Nandi statue mouth on the eastern side.

PUSHKARINI IN MAHANANDI TEMPLE - INNER PRAKARAM


The inlets and outlets of the tank are so arranged that the depth of the water is constantly kept at five feet, thus enabling pilgrims to bathe in the holy refreshing waters. This water source has a constant flow throughout the year irrespective of rainy, winter or summer seasons. The stream passes through the sanctum sanctorium of the inner shrine and one can touch the water near the Icon in the Garbhagriham. Just as in Srisailam one can touch the Shivalingam here and perform abhishekam.

After taking holy bath in the Pushkarini, we went into the Garbhagriham of the temple and performed abhishekam to the Lord Maha Nandeeswara. The Mahanandeeswara Lingam in the Sanctum Sanctorium is made from a rough uncut rock with two sockets. There are no peethams underneath the Lingam and it is just above the earth’s surface. The stream of water passes underneath the Lingam and the water can be felt with our hand in the two sockets of the Lingam. It is believed that the Shiva Lingam resembles the foot mark of Maha Nandeeswara. The Goddess here is Kameswari Devi. In the Kameswari Devi temple we leisurely performed Kumkuma Puja. It is believed that Shree Chakram in front of the deity is installed by Adi Shankaracharya during his visit to this place. Afterwards we visited the Vinayaka Nandi Temple situated in the same premises. Our main aim in this tour to Mahanandi is to cover all the Nava Nandi temples situated in the Nandi Mandalam i.e., around Mahanandi and Nandyal. The town Nandyala takes its name as it is the place of alayam of Nandis. After performing Abhishekam to Maha Nandeeswara, Kumkumacharna to Kameswari Devi and worshipping Vinayaka Nandeeswara, one of the Nava Nandis, we returned to the choultry by 8-30 pm. We contacted Shri Seshadri Sharma, Manager of the Choultry and expressed our desire to visit the remaining Nava Nandi temples, the next day. He arranged an auto for our visit the other Nava Nandi temples, the next day. After taking light refreshments provided in the choultry we rested for the day.
Recently built Shiva Statue in Mahanandi - a tourist attraction.



Dt. 24th January, 2010 - SUNDAY.

By 8.30 a.m. the Auto Driver Shri Raghunath (Cell No.9441114069) came to our Choultry and we are ready to proceed to visit the Nava Nandi temples.

KRISHNA NANDI KNOWN AS VISHNU NANDI : This temple is situated on the eastern side of Maha Nandi at a distance of about 8 km. We have to travel on the bank of the Telugu Ganga Canal. The road is so bad that it is a rugged mud road and only an auto can travel in first gear with great difficulty. On either side of the canal there are Plantain Gardens and the heavy lorry traffic for carrying the plantains from the fields is responsible for the poor condition of the mud road. The auto driver stated that funds were sanctioned for laying a tar road and the local politics kept the laying of road in abeyance. After 45 minutes of journey we reached the Krishna Nandi Temple situated in a beautiful serene atmosphere in the forest area. There are no houses near the temple and the temple alone stands in the forest area. It is said that once in a while a pujari visits and performs puja here. For one who wishes to worship the Lord in a silent and serene atmosphere, this is the place. There is a pushkarini in the temple premises and the temple is very very old. As there are none in the temple premises and as the doors to the garbha griha were not locked, we entered the temple garbha griha sat for about 10 minutes leisurely worshipping the Lord Krishna Nandeeswara. It is stated that during Maha Sivatrati time, number of people visit this temple and there will be heavy rush for about 4 to 5 days.

SHIVA NANDI : After travelling back to the main road of Maha Nandi and Nandyala we proceeded to the temple of Shiva Nandi which is situated in the village of Kadamala Kalava. We have to take a right turn near Bukkapuram to reach Kadamala Kalava village. The Shiva Nandi temple is a very beautiful temple constructed on the Chalukya Architecture style. The Pujari stated that there was a theft in the temple and all valuables have been stolen about 20 years back and it is in a very neglected state. In the roof of the Garbha Griha there is a secret accommodation for people to stay, which the Pujari had shown us, and the thieves stayed in this secret room and stolen the valuables in the night and fled away.

SOMA NANDI : After worshipping the Shiva Nandeeswara, we proceeded to the temple of Soma Nandi situated on the eastern side of Nandyala town. This is a very beautiful temple, well maintained in Nandyala Town. Someswari Devi is the Goddess in the temple. We leisurely worshipped Soma Nandeeswara and Someswari Devi. It is now 11 AM.

NAGA NANDI : From Soma Nandi temple, we proceeded to Naga Nandeeswara temple which is at a distance of about 1 km. This Nanga Nandi temple is situated within the premises of Anjaneya Temple near the Bus Stand. This is also a very well maintained temple in Nandyal and with the help of priest we worshipped Naga Nandeeswara and Anjaneya Swamy.

OM TAT SAT OM TAT SAT OM TAT SAT


RAGHAVARAO U.V.G.V. DUGGIRALA,

HYDERABAD, Dt.3rd MAY, 2010.



Advertisement



16th July 2011

To be a Glimpse of world
Its fantastic
17th July 2011

Thank you.

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.052s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb