JYOTIRLINGA TOUR OF AN OLD COUPLE (8)


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Andhra Pradesh » Hyderabad » New Santoshnagar
October 4th 2009
Published: October 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

JYOTIRLINGA TOUR OF AN OLD COUPLE (8)

18th JULY, 2009 - SATURDAY

As tour of Jaisalmer is over, we started early at 6 a.m., in a very pleasant and cool atmosphere. On the way we have witnessed beautiful Sun Rise, the glowing red globe emerging from the Sky. It looked as if there was nothing between the Red Globe, the rising Sun, and in between us. We have reached Pokarn, at 7-30 am covering a distance of 109 km in 90 minutes. We had breakfast at 8-30 a.m. in a very good restaurant in Dechu village. My wife was telling that feeding black cows with grass on a Saturday pleases Lord Saneeswara and relieves from sufferings caused by Him; as preached by a Pauranic in Bhakti Channel TV. We have reached outskirts of Jodhpur City at 10-15 a.m. and surprisingly we found a herd of black cows and a person selling green grass. Recalling our thoughts as a coincidence, we both purchased green grass and fed the black cows and prayed Lord Saneeswara to relieve us of any sufferings caused by him. Before reaching this City, we have completed a journey of 3000 km. As there were not any important Punya Kshetras in this City, we witnessed the famous Mehrangarh Fort from the Car and proceeded further.

FACTS ABOUT JODHPUR CITY

This City is known as SUN CITY for its bright sunny weather it enjoys throughout the year. It is also known as BLUE CITY due to the indigo tinge of the buildings around the Mehrangarh Fort. The City is located on the route linking Delhi to Gujarat and profited from the flourishing trade in opium, silks, sandals, dates, etc.


A Garden in Jodhpur

The famous Umaid Bhawan Palace.
THE MEHRANGARH FORT
The Mehrangarh Fort provides excellently preserved cannons and also a breath taking view of the City can be witnessed from here.

We intended to visit Lord Srinathji of Nath Dwaraka and from there proceed to Udaipur for night stay. Actually we should have visited Udaipur and Nath Dwaraka from Chittoregarh and then proceeded to Ajmer. That would have been a more convenient journey. A slight negligence in programming the tour.

SHRINATHJI (SHRI KRISHNA) TEMPLE AT NATHDWARA

Nathdwara is one of the most important Hindu Pilgrim Centre in India. The sacred temple houses a black marble statue of Shri Nathji or Lord Krishna. The idol adorned with zari bordered, embroidered silk cloth and dazzling antique jewels looks stunning. The village is on the banks of River Banas. The legends say that the image of Lord Krishna was being transferred to a safer place from Goverdhan, near Mathura, to shield it from the destructive impulses of Aurangzeb, the Champion Destroyer of Hindu Temples. The image when it reached the spot, the cart carrying the statue sank deep into the mud and refused to move any further. There a temple was built around the statue. The image is made with the left hand raised (as if holding the Goverdhan Mountain) and the right hand closed in a fist and resting on the hip of the Lord. The purohits worship the Lord several times in a day offering naivedyam, specially prepared meals, and decorating the statue. Pilgrims are allowed to visit the temple and have darshan during eight time slots in a day. These eight slots are collectively known as Ashtaya and called Mangala darshan, Shrungar darshan, Gwal darshan (?), Rajbhog darshan, Uthhapan darshan, Bhog Darshan, Sandhya Aarti Darshan and Shayan Darshan.

We reached Nathdwara by 4-30 p.m. One has to walk about half km to reach the temple after parking the Car. Autos are available to take us to the nearest spot of the temple. There are several touts/official guides offering to provide darshan and guidance in the temple, quoting hundreds of rupees as fees. But actually there is no necessity for such Guides as there was no provision for any special darshan or puja by pilgrims in the temple. Before entering the temple one of the Guides approached us offering to provide darshan, etc., at a charge of Rs.200. We politely refused his services and entered the temple. We noticed that the next darshan time is at about 5-15 p.m. and it was only 4-45 pm. In the meanwhile another guide approached and offered to explain the details in the temple and requested us to pay Rs.50/-. He also stated that there was no provision for any special darshan in the temple. Instead of sitting idle for half an hour, we accompanied him. He took us around the temple explaining the paintings on the walls. There are separate queues for ladies and gents to enter the sanctum sanctorium.

By about 5-10 p.m. the gates for darshan were opened and first ladies were sent in. After about 20 minutes, the ladies gate was closed and the gents’ gate opened. Alternatively darshan is provided to ladies and gents. All Piligrims rushed into the sanctum sanctorium. There was no orderliness and the security and temple people did nothing to arrange orderly darshan in the temple. There were two sanctum sactoriums on either side and there was mad rush of pilgrims to have darshan of the Lord and it is impossible to old and disabled persons to have a peaceful darshan. Of all the temples we have witnessed so far, the arrangements to have darshan in this temple, to say the least, is worst. . I have also seen a Notice Board stating that Vaishnavites may assemble there, near the Notice Board, for a special darshan! The Security Men and the temple authorities were most irresponsible and unhelpful. No service attitude is seen among them. On the other hand they were also rude and do not furnish any information when asked. God, Lord Srinathji is very considerate in tolerating such personnel in his presence. After coming out of the Sanctorium, I did not find my wife outside the Sanctorium. Added to this there was rain and one of the gates allowing entrance was locked. After half an hour waiting, I went outside in search of my wife and finlly I found her outside the temple premises. She informed me that after coming out of the sanctorium, the security personnel asked all the pilgrims to go outside and hence she also came out of the temple premises. However, even in this mad rush, we had the darshan of the Lord Krishna. We returned to the Parking Area by 7-30 p.m and started for Udaipur. By phone, I have booked a room in Hotel Meera near Chetak Circle, as per information given by one of my friends.

In between Nathdwara and Udaipur, there is another famous Shiva Temple known as Eklingji temple. Eklingji is said to be the guardian deity of Mewar and is regarded as the virtual ruler by the Kings of Mewar. Because, it is already dark, we could not visit this temple but passed by its side. Perhaps, I may have to visit this area for leisurely visiting Lord Srinathji in Nathdwara and Eklingji. I have been advised that one can have a leisurely darshan from Tuesday to Friday and there will be mad rush on week ends.

As per information gathered that the idol of Eklingji is covered with a Yantra, a mystic symbolic drawing, standing for the ultimate reality and Shiva is worshipped as the ultimate Reality, the Supreme Power and the wholesome Parabrahma. This temple is said to have been found by Acharya Viswaroopa, a contemporary of Adi Sankaracharya and is linked with the Sharada Math at Dwaraka, which was founded by Adi Shankaracharya. It is also said that temple services are performed in a very elaborate manner in the Vedic and Tantric styles. There are also said to be several other important temples in this town, which is also known as Eklingji, such as Sas Bahu temple, Adbhudji Jain temple, Pataleshwar Mahadeo temple, Arbada Mata temple, Rathasan Devi temple, Vindhyavasini Devi temple, etc. To witness all these temples, another trip to Nathdwara and Udaipur appears to be a must, if God wills.

UDAIPUR, THE LAKE CITY

Finally, we reached the Hotel Meera by 8-30 p.m. Before reaching the Hotel, a Motorcyclewala followed our car and intercepted stating that he is a Guide and he will show beautiful Hotels providing 40 to 50% discount. A similar thing I witnessed in Jaisalmer also. Before I reached Golden Palace in Jailsalmer, a guide on a motor cycle stopped us and took us to the Hotel as he was guide attached to that Hotel. Competition in Business at its peak! But at both these places, I have booked rooms before reaching the places. We had a hot water shower and took rest for the day.

19th JULY, 2009 - SUNDAY

Udaipur is known as the City of Lakes, white marble places, placid blue lakes, gardens, etc., surrounded by hills and mountains. My son who visited this place earlier informed that there we no punya kshetras in this town and the only places of interest to be seen are Museums, Palaces and Lakes. Plenty of walking to witness these places. As we are not interested in visiting the Museums, etc., we decided to see the City by travelling in car itself. We started by 9-00 a.m. taking breakfast of Vada Sambar and Dosa, and vacating the Hotel Room to travel through the City witnessing the White Marble Palaces and Lakes. Our next destination is Mt.Abu. We have seen the famous Pichhola Lake and the famous Hotel built in the centre of the Lake. The City Palace is another famous white Mansion in Udaipur and is the most striking landmarks of City. It is the largest palace complex of Rajasthan and is an enormous while structure of 30.4 metres high and 244 meters in length which stands majestically overlooking the Pichhola lake and surrounded by crenellated walls i.e., parapet walls with openings for firing from within.


CITY PALACE OF UDAIPUR

After wandering for about 2 hours in the City in the Car witnessing the streets, Mansions and Lakes, we proceeded on National Highway to Mt. Abu. Near Gogunda village enroute there was a ghat road and a landslide on the ghat road due to rain in the previous night. There was traffic jam on the ghat road. With great difficulty and driving carefully we passed through the Ghat Road and reached Mt.Abu at about 4 p.m. I have been given the cell number of Proprietor of Hotel Maya in Mt. Abu for reservation. On the way I telephoned him and requested for reservation of a double room. The Proprieotr, A Sindhi Man, Shri Daulatram Lalvani is a shrewd businessman and is very courteous over phone and assured us of reservation of a double room. We had a very pleasant journey on the ghat road of Mt. Abu and reached the Hotel. As it was very sultry and also the atmosphere was very cold, we intended to have a hot bath but the Receptionist informed us that hot water would be available only in the morning. On hearing this, Shri Daulatram Lalvani immediately directed the employees to provide two buckets of hot water to us. A fine gesture of the Proprietor towards tourists!.

OM TAT SAT OM TAT SAT OM TAT SAT
*************************************************************
RAGHAVARAO U.V.G.V. DUGGIRALA
HYDERABAD, Dt.14th SEPTEMBER, 2009.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0911s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb