hong kong island and walk to Victoria peak


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
October 1st 2017
Published: October 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Ok, so this is not how we had planned our excursion to victoria peak! We were going to catch the funicular and enjoy the ride up in all comfort and laziness. But so were 2 other million people. after a fun ride by vintage tram and bus, the view of the queue at the funicular discouraged us from waiting. And we set on upwards.
And up the slope and the paths we went, in the dusk and then the moonlight. What an eclectic mix is Hong Kong! It's all metropolis and then you find yourself in a semi jungle, with the chirps of exotic birds and insects and the sweet smell of the forest...
After a few wrong turns and very sweaty clothes, we got back to civilisation at the top. And a drink!
We are now waiting for the fireworks celebrating the Republic's anniversary...the fireworks were awesome, all 28 minutes of them, over the Kowloon backdrop. A strange experience to be looking down at fireworks...
Mad rush to exit the peak with thousands having flocked up. Bus down to central, underground to our station North Point and dinner in mad Tung Po, a huge diner in what looks like a warehouse. Service was good, the boss was high and pouring drinx around, the music was blaring Michael Jackson, House of Pain...it was a right disco, but plentiful food and decent price and a few free beers...


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.028s; cc: 13; qc: 74; dbt: 0.065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb