Stuck in Transit


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
October 9th 2012
Published: October 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This is the first day of the International Education Division marketing trip and unfortunately although we left Melbourne early this morning, we've missed our connecting flight to China and are stuck in HongKong.

Last night it was quite spooky. We boarded the plane at Melbourne airport at 00.45am and all was well. As the plane began it's take off all seemed well and the planes pace picked up getting faster and faster until suddenly the pilot slammed on the brakes!! Really not a nice feeling. We then taxied back to where we began and sat on the tarmac for two hours waiting for the engineers to figure out why the door open light kept coming on. I guess it's best that door issues are sorted out on the ground though. Hate for the door to blow open while we're flying.

So what to do when you miss your connecting flight and are stuck at Hong Kong airport with not enough time and no luggage space for any shopping?? Fortunately Cathay Pacific were kind enough to provide us with a hotel room for the day and an amazing buffet lunch. I guess away trying to sleep in a plane seat last night it's probably ok to spend the day sitting around the airport and the hotel pool.

Off to catch our plane to Fuzhou in China. Hopefully this time it's an uneventful trip. Looking forward to some agent and parent visits tomorrow - Christine


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



11th October 2012

Take Two!
Hope your second flight was uneventful!! The slamming on the brakes trick does sound very unnerving. Drink looks good - enjoy.

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0371s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb