DAY 2


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
December 23rd 2011
Published: December 23rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

So we have rather limited time in Hong Kong this trip...which is rather a shame as I am just coming to realise just how awesome shopping in Hong Kong really is.

Perhaps its the freedom of not being dragged around only to the places our mother enjoys, or just that Australian retail has seemed lacking in the past few months and this is satiating the pent up desire to spend or the fact that - thank goodness - the AUD is comparatively strong and everything seems cheap; but all in all it is fantastic.

We spent a few hours in Longham Place - the hugest shopping centre I have ever seen I swear! We hardly scratched the surface of the shops. I guess one of the major pull-backs from us spending all our money in these shops was not only the fact that established chain stores are never open to bargaining like markets are but also that Asian/HK fashion is so very different from Australian fashion - and thus not exactly our taste.

But then when we got to the markets - on Ladies Market - where everything is so cheap and you have the ability to bargain the hell out of the prices (to the point of half price or more!) we kind of went free from all.

And then we went along Tsim Sha Tsui to have a look at the Christmas light decorations around the harbour. Despite the crowds and crowds of people in every direction, pushing and pullig from all sides and just generally surrounding you completely! - the lights really were great and it was a fantastic view of the Hong Kong skyline. Personally, I most enjoyed the Toy Story 3 homage - again despite the crowds of people - perhaps due to my weak spot with the film I believe to be the epitome of the 21st century childhood (oh and Harry Potter).



And now I must leave, to continue on to our mini girls' night that we are holding to paint our nails with the new nail polish we bought today.



Besides, I'll leave the posts about food to Krystal.



tiff

Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb