Hong Kong for a fortnight, plus friends!


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
December 1st 2010
Published: July 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Rented an apartment in Sheung Wan for 2 weeks. It was about 200 square feet, but all brand new and convenient. We were lucky enough to have 3 friends come visit us here. Amy, Danielle, and Rick - thanks for being a part of our year!

Hong Kong was also the place where we had to apply for our Chinese visa, which can be done at either the Chinese Embassy (really annoying to get to and difficult to deal with) or China Travel Services (a seemingly easy to deal with travel agency not too far from our apartment). As it turned out, CTS would take a lot more money to process a visa than it would at the embassy, but with 4 days to spare before our flight to Chengdu, we had no choice but to go with them. After days and days of back and forth, extra money, extra days spent waiting, and days spent freaking out about our lack of employers on our applications, we got our double entry visas for about $150 each. It took about 8 days to process in the end which caused us to change our flights to Chengdu about 3 times each. Boo China Travel Services.


Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 68; dbt: 0.1216s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb