On the way home!


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
August 3rd 2008
Published: August 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

We are on our way home -- in the middle of a 40 hour day, about to get on the Hong Kong to LA flight. David said last night, "I am really glad I came on this trip." Me, too! The last day was spent in Chongqing -- what they say the largest city, not just in China, but in the world. 34 million people -- city and outlying areas. We arrived their after midnight and left by noon, so we didn't see much of it; but since we went shopping in the morning -- we got a little of the experience. We had a wonderful hot pot dinner and then began our trip home.
Joe Ciotti in our group had David assist him in the science experiment of measuring the temperature changes during the eclipse -- above, on and below the ground. Preliminary results about the cooling are interesting, although David will await receiving the data from Joe before analyzing it. This made the eclipse all the more meaningful. I think this whole trip -- the eclipse of course, but also looking at the geography of parts of China and Pakistan, including the Himalaya range, gave Dave a better appreciation of the joy of science.
We are happy to be going home -- but happier even that we left home to do this.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb