7s Rugby 2007!!


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
April 4th 2007
Published: April 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I've just come back from the most amazing weekend in Hong Kong!! Rugby 7s 2007!! I had such a fantastic time! I left on Thursday night got into hk at 3 in the morning, went for a run (after a sleep) then into central to see my dad then met Ravenna, Anna and a couple more in the Cricket Club for lunch then onto the Friday rugby! We had fun working out which people were tourists and who were locals (like us!) So Friday was rugby watching with Anna and Ravenna then went to see my parents in the east stand then i met Murray, Henry and Steve for the last match of the day and we went to Wanchai to the Kangeroo Bar and met Ben, stayed there for a while feeling old as were surrounded by underage kiddies!
Then on the Saturday decided to be clever and not to go the rugby until about 12, which was a big mistake as then had to queue up for 3 and a half hours! it was fun for most of it as we consumed 5 jugs of pimms! but then we were squashed and unbelievably desperate for the loo! finally got in and it was so worth it! although got a pie thrown at me, and was covered in beer by the end of it as everyone was throwing their beer jugs in the air!
On Sunday was up bright and early and in the South Stand for 9am! had a great day actually watching rugby! sat with the boys in the morning then the girls in the afternoon and it was great!! drank far far too much pimms, was kissed by an Italian rugby player, saw 2 men kissing, went absolutly crazy when Wales won the plate!! Samoa won the cup overall in the final against fiji and as usual there was chaos at the end with people running on the pitch! the best this time was a man in a giant penguin costume! That night we went to Wanchai which was absolutly packed and we were groped by so many drunk people, also a naked man fell off a bar at my feet, which was an extremly unpleasant experience! ended up sitting outside on the pavement for about an hour just chatting then went to a 24 hour breakfast bar!
It was such a fantastic weekend that was just a teeny description, came back to Beijing on Monday night i'm still exhausted and still recovering!! but its so worth it!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb