Out of Africa...and into frantic HK


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong
January 26th 2007
Published: January 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our African odyssey had reached an end and so it was with one last long look back at this wonderful continent that we boarded the plane at Johannesburg international airport for our flight home. But the fun wasn't over yet as we had 36 hours in Hong Kong on the way home. Can you say shopping?

All we have actually done with our 36 hours in Hong Kong is shop and sleep. At the risk of adding more to our already overweight luggage, we found it neccessary to replace the clothes that had served us so well over the last four months. With shopping list in hand, we hit the streets of this neon-lit, commercial mecca. All I can say is that they don't bargain like they do in Africa!

There was slight culture shock in that the shops don't open till 11am (but they are open late which seemmeans that everyone is out on the streets at night) and there is advertising everywhere. Coming from Australia, Hong Kong would be a bit different, but coming from Africa - wow! Everything here is clean, everything runs on time, everything has fixed prices...should I go on?

Exhausted but better dressed than when we landed, we are in the Departure Lounge awaiting boarding for our flight home!! See you all soon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.208s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 81; dbt: 0.1724s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb