Day 4 Buses and trams but no pearls


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
October 31st 2013
Published: November 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

So last day in Hong Kong before our flight to Sydney in the evening.

Stocked up at breakfast buffet before heading out to the ferry to get on another bus tour. This time we took the green line which covers the peak tram and the sampan tour as well a Stanley market. Very hot day and there wasn't that much to do I between the main points on a tour that took 2 hours. Again commentary is very limited! Lots on how to use chopsticks!!!

We did see the jockey club though which gave some reminders of the old colonial days. Apparently it's still the country's biggest tax payer.

Sampan ride was fun. And then went off to the peak tram. This takes you up to Victoria peak and gives you amazing views over both sides of the harbour

Now I had read how vertiginous this tram ride is - apparently Ian hadn't. So when I decided to wait for the next one to get a seat, Ian decided we should stand! Well that was interesting.... I wonder if anyone ever falls to the bottom of the carriage. I would guess yes, as holding on is quite precarious with people crushing your hand on the handles as they turn to get yet another picture of the view from the window. Obviously there was no way I was letting go to try that out!!

So by the time we got to the top - not long as it's only 1.4km - I was having a Lindsay sulk (friends and family will recognise it, it's the pained silent type of sulk) . So to improve my mood Ian agreed to grab lunch at a nice restaurant at the top called pearl at the peak. I think it must be hard to get in at night when the harbour is lit up and looking fantastic. But it was pretty nice at lunchtime especially as we had a table by the window. Very nice even if it was another Italian. So our two meals out excluding the foodie tour ended up as Italian. What a joke!

So with Ian starting to get twitchy as we only had 3.5 hours to get to the airport we headed back down. Sitting this time (facing backwards to keep you in your seat). Back to the hotel and off to the airport.
Floating restaurantFloating restaurantFloating restaurant

Not so pretty at the back!

Passed the pearl shop twice during the trip - first time it was closed, second time we didn't have time. Hey ho..

So no we were upper class veterans so when we got into the lounge stayed off the cocktails and invested in a shower instead. Made for a far better preparation.

Straight into the sleep suit uniform (before takeoff) like a pro'. And off to Sydney.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0425s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb