Day 24 - Night train to Guangzhou, bus to the border and into Macau, or not, as it turned out!


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
August 14th 2013
Published: August 15th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We had a couple of hours drive to Yong Ding to catch the night train to Guangzhou. That trip took about 9 hours. We all more or less went straight to sleep as it was 10pm when we got on. I slept pretty well. It's amazing how you get used to the overnight trains! But that was our last one because we have now left China.

We arrived at Guangzhou bus station at about 8am, then took a public bus to Zhuhai. We have just been informed that all boats to Macau have been cancelled because a tropical storm is hitting Southern China and Hong Kong right now. We had a couple of alternative options; the group chose to continue for another 8 hours to travel overland to Hong Kong. So we are now in for the long haul! Aw well...... Onwards and upwards ! We just took a mini bus to another bus station in order to make our next connection.

The wind and rain are really beating down now. We have just set off on the next three hour bus stint. We finally arrived back in Hong Kong after 24 hours travelling. Hostel is appalling, am too pissed off to even write about it.

The group have been split into 2 hostels. 10 in here and 8 elsewhere. in this hostel, 2 have left the trip due to the horrendous conditions they expect us to stay in, 2 have gone and booked into a different hotel. That leaves 4 of us still here, we just went out, and are leaving ASAP in the morning! Went out with Laura, Jason and Zoe for meal. That cheered us all up at least.

Looking forward o meeting Ross's sister, Selina, tomorrow


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



15th August 2013

Hong Kong - Musthavacigy!!
You will no doubt have experienced the traffic & smog - bet its even worst than in my time there. Go carefull in the back streets - slavery is rife - watch the young girls - they fetch a high price! On the other hand - if your a bit short of cash !! WELL!!
15th August 2013

Wow
Hi Les Looks like youre having a brilliant time, all ok here. I cant believe you have nearly been away 4 weeks already, the time has just flown. It looks like you have been having the time of your life, i feel like i am there with you, i ready your blogs everyday and get a little sad when one is late coming through lol Anyway, i will see you at the sunny Manchester Airport very soon. Take care xx
15th August 2013

Hi Lesley it\'s lovely to be travelling with you as Beth keeps us well up to date. We think its great and kind of Ross' sister to show you around we think you are enjoying the trip, take care want you, we love and miss you lol d&m x x x x x
15th August 2013

Oh Dear - sounds intriguing. xx - Dim.

Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.1038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb