Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
July 22nd 2012
Published: July 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

So this is our last day, and today will be spent typically hurry-up-and-wait style. Our flight is only at 23:45. So it will be going slowly untill we rush to the airport, only to wait for boarding, rushing in the plane, only to wait for lift-off ..... And so on, and so on.

Hong Kong so far is a very impressive city. Very modern, neat, orderly. We've walked a lot and seen just as much. Taking everything in before our return home. The light and sound show in the harbour is very interesting and this takes place every evening at 8 pm.

We took the ferry over to Hong Kong island the morning and walked to the tram station. Not a good decision, considering the heat, cause the sweat was again just pouring down by the time we reached the tram station. Luckily there is a few aircon buildings along the way to cool you down. The humidity is quite high here and it is also very hot at the moment. We are almost looking forward to the winter in Bloemfontein. Unfortunately it was very hazy, but normally the view is something special. The evening we spent exploring some night markets with some typical t-shirt, sunglasses, watches, cameras type of stalls around. It was nice however just to observe and take in the smells and sounds in the market. Some rain came down, and at least the temperture dropped with a couple of degrees.

I can most definitely reccommend China to anyone, maybe just another time of year. We had such a great time, although sometimes the heat is energy-sapping. What a great trip, we are left with so many wonderful memories.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb