Walking and Walking and Walking and Walking and Walking and Walking and Walking and Walking


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
July 3rd 2012
Published: July 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today things were slow at work; I met my boss’s assistant and learned how to set up a backdrop properly. Then the assistant, Gigi, and I ran errands for the studio - getting necessary things like batteries and a new AC remote (part of my boss’s photography business is that as the owner he rents it out, so he needs to make sure everything is in working order. He says that if you own your own studio, it’ll be empty most of the time, so to make it pay off you should really rent it out). At lunch we found this really cute looking sandwich shop called La Baguette -- across the street from The Whiskey Priest (http://www.whiskeypriest.com.hk/). I MUST try both of these places!! Or at least The Whiskey Priest; La Baguette has delicious-sounding sandwiches (avocado, brie, and bacon!!), but it’s on a “baguette,” which I could see from behind the counter was most definitely not a baguette! It was more like a Subway sandwich bread except fatter. We picked up lunch for my boss (I’d packed lunch anyway) on our way to complete errands.



So I got a TON of walking in. We walked and walked and walked and walked and walked and walked and walked. We probably didn’t walk very far, but no one wants to walk in Hong Kong’s heat, even the locals who’d be used to it!



On the bus ride home I saw a young man and his lady friend walking outside and he was carrying a small dog in one of those baby slings you wear across your front. That was one happy-looking dog!



Another cool thing is there was a possible whale shark siting (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whale_shark) the other day off Lamma Island. SO. COOL. Whale sharks are gorgeous. Unfortunately they ended up shutting down all the beaches because they couldn’t confirm that it really was a whale shark and not a tiger shark (an aggressive shark that DOESN’T eat krill). The picture they ran in the newspaper was probably the tail fin of the whale shark and certainly looked like one though! Awesome!



Anyway, tomorrow will have a much longer post I’m sure. We have a couple of photoshoots so I’ll be plenty busy! Can’t wait to see how it goes!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.246s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1854s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb