Hong Kong! Day 1


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
March 2nd 2012
Published: March 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 1

So after a hellish 12 hour flight we finally arrived in Hong Kong. Jet lagged and smelling like shit we made our way to our hostel which, coincidently also smells like shit but its cheap. Although we were tired we decided to dump our bags and go for a wander to see some sights and find our bearings. Hong Kong is a very busy place! There is so much going on. The streets are filled with people, neon lights and signs are flashing from every angle and giant sky-scrapers stand tall all around us. I've never been to a city quite like it. We grabbed a bite to eat from a small noodle bar just round the corner from our hostel. I had been looking forward to trying the food over here (cos I'm a greedy bastard haha) and it didn't disappoint. It was also reasonably priced too which is a bonus because we had a pretty tight budget.

After the meal we wandered through the streets for a couple of hours before sitting down at a little square for a drink. As I said we were feeling pretty knackered so it was intentually meant to be only one pint, but ended up being several! During this time we befriended a German millionaire (who ended up paying for all our drinks) and a group of chinese guys, some who had studied in the UK before returning back to Hong Kong. They told us about some mad shot called a Lamborghini (a mixture of baileys, sambucca and some other mad shit which they pour into one glass, set it on fire and drink it through a straw) Now, apparently these shots wipe people out but being from Scotland Laura and I demanded two each to show these pussy's why we're the alky capital of the world! It was a bad move. The two of us ended up absolutly paraletic. The rest of the evening is a bit of a blur however I do remember having to drag a passed out Laura off the floor of a Mcdonalds toilet and being escorted home in a taxi by a few of the guys we had met in the bar. Yes it was safe to say that our first night in Hong Kong had been a success!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb