Day 26 Hello to Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
June 17th 2010
Published: June 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Hong Kong an hour ahead of schedule and unlike the dramas at Heathrow passing through customs and immigration was a breeze.

The new airport is huge and after we got through we found our way to the Airport Express train to Kowloon. From Kowloon a bus is included in the $90 fare from the airport so it’s pretty good value.

We are staying at the YMCA on Salisbury Road at Tsim Sha Tsui and the location is amazing. Our room is a harbour view room and we have great views of Victoria Harbour and the nightly light show. The hotel next door charges about eight times the price for somewhere to sleep. No comparison.

We arrived about seven o’clock and as the light show starts at 8 pm we waited until that was finished before we went for a walk to Nathan Road. This street is full of neon lights, as is most of Kowloon and lots of shops and restaurants.

We wandered around for short time before finding somewhere to eat. It’s not quite as cheap as KL but still reasonable with meals in this restaurant around HK$60 to HK80.

We’ve had a long day today so it was back to the hotel to prepare for the next three days here.





Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb