Arrive in Hong Kong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
October 25th 2009
Published: October 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Arriving in Hong KongArriving in Hong KongArriving in Hong Kong

From the bow in Victoria Harbour heading for Ocean Terminal
We all got up early at 8.00am to go to the bow on the front deck to watch the boat entering Victoria harbour Hong Kong. It’s pretty amazing - the harbour is probably a smaller version of Sydney Harbour but here the surrounding mountains are closer and off course the high rise apartment buildings are as thick as anything on every side - I’ve never seen anything like it before. This day became our port day in lieu of the trip being cut short by not visiting Taiwan. We walked around Kowloon which is where the ship berthed, walked up to where our Hotel was, the Regal Kowloon and then meandered back along the shore walkway. It was interesting see the difference in town between the new areas and the older areas which were very different. The newer or shopping area was loaded up with red taxis and flash Mercedes cars. In a way, this reminded me of Manhattan in New York, that mainly had only had taxis, limousines and a handful of normal cars in its streets. We saw some magnificent large trees here including figs that appeared to grow out of two & three storey buildings - Canton St.
VolendamVolendamVolendam

Docked - and the end of the cruise is near
Obviously during redevelopment of the immediate precinct, the historic trees came first and the buildings were redeveloped around them - very good. We walked around the promenade and met quite a few bridal parties, having their pictures taken. In the evening, from the top rear deck of this ship, we watched the laser show which was projected from the top of high buildings on each side of the harbour.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Where is our hotel?Where is our hotel?
Where is our hotel?

looking for The Regal Kowloon
The Night ShowThe Night Show
The Night Show

Lasers light us the sky at 8.00pm


Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0223s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb