Hong Kong - China


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
December 4th 2008
Published: December 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After checking in we had a kip then walked to the harbour (40mins) to get our bearings etc. Had dinner in a local cafe. Food was good but not cheap! Bought a HP laptop and phone, think I've paid more than I should have for the Laptop.

5.12.08 - Had breakfast in the cafe next door to the YMCA (on fook man st!). For 5quid each we got rice crispies and tea. I've not had rice crispies for donkeys years!. We got the octapus cards for travel. We got the tube and bus to Hong Kong island and "the peak" where the views of the bay were good but a bit smoggy. We walked around the park, then had lunch at Khana Kazana. Food was OK but again expensive. Got the ferry back to the harbour. Had dinner with a beer again paid far to much around 30quid.

6.12.08 - Got the tube etc to see the bronze budda at Gnong Ping. We bought the ticket for the cable car, the ride was good (lasted about 30mins). See pics. In the evening we went to a local cafe. I thought it was OK but Kay didn't. The food was OK.

7.12.08 - Changed hotels to the YMCA on the harbour (recomended by Adam), with a Harbour view room (don't ask what this cost) the views were really good, especially at night when the lights are on and the laser shows starts. We just checked out the area for shops (lots of designer ware ones) and places to eat. Came across a show on the harbour which we watched for about an hour.

8.12.08 - got the bus to Stanley market, great views of the islands from the top deck. Market was good we bought stuff for the wedding etc.

9.12.08 - airport for Bali



Observations:
- Gettting the sense that we are getting ripped off for everything, maybe thats why fook is used on names of places and streets
- Blonde hair doesn't suit chinese girls
- black seems to be the colour to wear
- very smoggy, after a few hours we both have sore throats
- The Buddist saying "all paths lead to enlightenment" should really be "all paths lead to a bloody shop"
- Instead of Indian corner shops, you have Indians on corner shops whispering do you want a suits or watches
- black clothe are in
- got sick passing a line of people waiting to be let in to Loiuse Vitton shop. There are people begging further down the street.

Conclusion
Come to HK if:
- you want to get ripped off
- you want to feel as though you are an inconvinience
- you want to feel as though you have smoked 20 cigs a day
- you want people to be rude to you

Thank Christ we are leaving this bloody place.






Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0625s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb