London Calling


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
September 16th 2008
Published: September 16th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We left you just prior to our exit of Cambodia. Now, most of the roads in Cambodia are decent, not western good, but better than Laos, with the exception of the road from Siem Reip to the Thai border which is just god aweful. This is one of the major roads in the country and yet for the most part is simply a mud bank in between paddy feilds. Add a sucession of huge lorries and larger quantities of rain and you get a couple feet deep in red mud with bikes, vans and all sorts careening all over the road, almost but not quite falling into the paddy fields. Fun times (rumour has it the government is bribed to keep the road so bad by airline companies who want to take people to Thailand by air).
Because of the beginning of the monsoon season the road waas slightly worse than normal so we weere stuffed into a cab, rather than the usual bus, and sent to the border. We arrived, muddy, and ai played trumpet for a group of waiting cambodian children. We were then stuffed onto another bus and eventually arrived in Bangkok.
Unfortunately, due to laziness, sickness (we both got a touch of food poisoning just at the end of our trip) and the fact we'd been there before - there is almost nothing to report from Bangkok. We did a little shopping and got a flight to Hong Kong. Where for the same reasons there is nothing really to report.
HK is not a great place, it feels really really western, its expensive and there's nothing to do other than shop.
Alice is at this moment winging (literally) her way home. She got on a flight at 9.45 this morning and i get on one at 8.45 tomorrow. After 53 weeks, 362 days and 40 blogs i'm done.
It's been fun, probably gonna see you all in the next few weeks.

Chris

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb