We made it!


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
June 6th 2008
Published: June 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well, we arrived safe and sound! It was a long day of traveling- arrived in HK on 6/5 at about 7pm local time after about 25 hours. The plane ride wasn't too bad- Adam kept the snoring to a minimum as I am sure the guy in our row appreciated. We are both exhausted as we are still trying to gt used to the time change. Last night we managed to head to an open aired bar and grab a couple of beers before crashing in our guesthouse.

We woke up and heading out to see the sights of Kowloon Island. We walked over to Ashley Street which is supposed to have great little restaurants to grab breakfast- our place was so-so. We headed to the Jade market next and I restrained myself and only bought one bracelet.... where I probably should have bargained a bit more! There was the huge local market next to the touristy jade market so we wandered through there for a bit. So many live fish/snakes/chickens that were being butchered right in front of us---- I focused on the flowers/veggies to keep from getting sick! Throughout this whole time it was just pouring so we were both soaking wet- and made the necessary purchases of a raincoat/poncho/umbrella. We just ate at Wong Tong Shanghai... and right now I am really even too tired to venture out and explore anymore. Forgot the camera cord so will have to add pictures next time.

Miss you all,
Christine

Advertisement



8th June 2008

How much is jade over there? If it's cheap, grab me some jewelry and I'll pay you back!
9th June 2008

jadee.
Kate, it isn't too expensive- but we have already left HK- let me know if you don't get your fill of jewelry in Europe and I will find some cute things in all of the markets we will be going to!
10th June 2008

Bracelet
Big D wants you to buy him a bracelet too, and don't forget about those 100 cartons of smokes!

Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb