OUR LAST DAY IN THIS BEAUTIFUL CITY :-(


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
January 17th 2008
Published: January 17th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone,
I am sorry to say this is my last entry.
Woke up this morning (should say yesterday morning) and after an early start head off to TST & Kowloon for some last minute shopping.
We each did our own thing as we all had different things we wanted to buy.
It is so easy to get around here and you are so safe.
We had a late check out at the hotel at 2pm and a limo booked for 4.30 for the airport.
We arrived loaded up at the airport at 5.20 (our flight was 8.30) only to find that the flight had been delayed and would now leave at 10pm which became 10.30pm.
Didn't feel so well when they announced they had had hydraulic problems.
It was another bumpy ride home and especially at Sydney landing as there were strong southerlies blowing.
Our mini bus was booked for home (thanks goodness, you should have seen us loaded into the limo) add we finally arrived around 12.30.
I unpacked, did 2 loads of washing and then crashed for a couple of hours. Erin & I didn't sleep at all on the plane, so it has been a very long day. My head is still rocking from the bumpiness of the plane, this happened on the way there too.
This had been the most wonderful experience.
Our choice of hotels could not have been better. The staff look after you so well.
The transportation system there leaves Sydney for dead. They must think we are third world coming here.
As a tourist city, Sydney also has a lot to learn. Visitors are treated well and are looked after so well.
It isn't just a city for shopping and highrises, but we have seen some of the most beautiful things.
If you are going to visit Hong Kong, get outside the city and see how the other half lives. It is beautiful.
I will go back there, there is so much we still didn't see, I don't know how people can only go for 3-4 days.
Shan has another week in Japan and is having a wonderful time.
I will update the blog with some photos, when I can sort through the over 1500 I took!
Thanks for the support from those who have been reading along with me. It has been great to be able to keep in touch. We could not have done it except for the free computer and internet in the room.
Adios amigos,
Pat



Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb